WINES BY THE GLASS
"wine is to women, what duct tape is to men; it fixes everything" - Tanya Mass
DOGARINA - Prosecco Brut - Venato, Italy -
LOUIS PERDRIER - NV Brut - Burgundy, France -
MISS BOND - Rose - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic -
A TOUCH OF BOND - Chardonnay - Strathbogie, Vic -
MR BOND - Pinot Grigio - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic -
EMPRESS - Pinot Gris - Limestone Coast, South Australia -
MRS BOND - Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough, NZ -
MR BOND - Pinot Noir - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic -
TOUCH OF BOND -Shiraz - Barrossa Valley, SA -
Sparkling & Rosé
"I only drink Champagne on two occasions: When I am in love, and when I am not" - Coco Chanel
DOGARINA - Prosecco Brut - Veneto, Italy
- Hailing from Veneto, Italy in Campodipietra, the centre of the renowned Treviso DOC area. Made with 100% Glera grapes, this wine presents great floral bouquets of wild flowers & wisteria on the nose with a subtle finish of almonds on the tongue. A great palate cleanser, either before eating or between courses.
LOUIS GRANGE - Sparkling Rosé - Main Ridge, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- A wonderful sparkling, made exclusively from our fantastic cool climate pinot noir grapes the hills of the peninsula are famous for. Barrel aged for the slightest hint of oak on the palate, which compliments the tastes of strawberries, roses and the slight musky finish perfectly. A gorgeous wine, which goes down far too easily!
MISS BOND - Rosé - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- Born and raised just a five minute drive away, this is about as local as you get. Oaked for only the blink of an eye, for a not too common twist. Pomegranate & cherries dance on the palate, while strawberries & lemons grace the nose. Pairs well with seafood & salads.
MAS FLEUREY - Rosé - Cotes de Provence, France
- Nothing says Rosé better than the hot summers, the Mistral wind & the limestone terroir of the Cotes de Provence in Southeast France. Aromas of fresh melon & citrus with delicate notes of red berries & more citrus on the tongue. Great with white meat & fish and anything from the char-grill.
PALAIS DE VERSAILLES- Blanc de blancs Brut- Burgundy, France
- Sourced from the world famous Burgandy region of France, this sparkling wine has over 230 years of wine making history inside the bottle. After tasting, blending & two fermentations, the wine is left to sit on the lees to develop its classical fruity, off dry palate that accompanies the aromas of peach & apple and some say a hint of creme brulee!. A superb aperitif.
DIDIER CHOPIN - Champagne Brut - Marne Valley, Champagne, France
- Ranked number 14 in the world at last year's 'Concours de Vins et Terroirs Authentiques' in Belgium. A stunning Champagne in the classical style. A highly developed nose of ripe summer fruits with tastes of freshly baked pastry on the palate. A perfect blend of Pinot Noir & Meuniers grapes brings this champagne a great smoothness, freshness & an expressive taste, that only the greatest champagnes in the world can match. An amazing wine...
"I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra
A TOUCH OF BOND - Chardonnay - Strathbogie, Vic
- This is a great white! Crisp, elegant & bristling with tropical fruit flavours & subtle oak notes. Deep straw colour with golden hues compliment the complex nose, which brims with hazelnut and cashew. The palate delivers excellent weight & mouthfeel. Great with seafood.
MR BOND - Chardonnay - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- Grown literally around the corner in Boneo . The hand picked fruit was handled similar to that of French Chablis, deriving body & texture from regular bãtonnage (lees stirring). Just a small amount of French oak was used during maturation, giving hints of vanilla without overwhelming the rich varietal characters of the exceptional season. Delicate on the pallet, buttery and bursting with passionfruit and mango flavours. Pairs wonderfully with white meats, fish & risotto.
MAISON VIRGINIE - Chardonnay -Languedoc-Roussillon, France
- Golden hued in appearance with a complex range of aromas dance that across the nose. Citrus & tropical fruits combine with typical vanilla from ageing in French oak, with a warm, toasty finish that lingers excellently. Rounded and full bodied with unmistakable fresh fruit flavours. An easy drinking wine that will compliment almost any dish.
OLIVIER TRICON CHABLIS PREMIER CRU - Chardonnay - Burgundy, France
- Located just west of the centre of the Chablis region, along the Northern banks of the small Ru de Beine, where the terroir & aspect of the land is perfectly suited to the Chardonnay vine. Sharp fruit & intense minerality dominate, as does the full-bodied mouthfeel. Strong in all aspects, but seductively smooth as well. An absolutely brilliant example of a Chablis, and perfect with fish, salads & harder cheeses.
"with great wine, comes great irresponsibility..." - Mokokoma Mokhonoana
MRS BOND - Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough, New Zealand
- A jaw dropping herbaceous, floral aroma greets the nose long before the juicy, zesty & citrus zing of the wine hits your mouth, exemplifying everything that the famed Marlborough region in New Zealand has to offer. The big notes of passionfruit, gooseberry & lemongrass, with even bigger summer fruits coming through at the end, make this Sauvignon Blanc stand out from the others in the region.
BARTON & GUETIER - Sauvignon Blanc - Ahr, Loire Valley, France
- The oldest winery in the Loire Valley, owned & operated by the same family since 1725.. 2009 Winery of the year. A racy, disctintive Sauvignon, with grapefruit, peach, blackcurrant & white flowers on the nose and a supple, clean & pineapple finish in the mouth.
BARTON & GUESTIER - Sancerre - Les Terre Blanches, Loire Valley, France
- As Champagne is the creme de la creme of sparkling Pinot Noir & Chardonnay, Sancerre is the creme de la creme of Sauvignon Blanc. The very best of the best grapes & wine in the Sancerre area are used to produce this stunning wine. Pears, plums & citrus invade the nose and a long lasting mineral finish carries the crisp & fresh mouthfeel through the palate. A wine that is ideal with any seafood, perfect with goat's cheese & an ideal wine to savour in a long, lazy, sunny afternoon.
Pinot Grigio & Pinot Gris
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food " - W.C. Fields
MR BOND- Pinot Grigio - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- Another local stunner; delicately fragrant with almond & pear aromas and a hint of honey & malt from the fermentation. Light & easy going on the palate, with a soft, dry & restrained finish. Minimal handling during the winemaking process creates a naturally smooth & classical Pinot Grigio. Great with pasta, oily fish & soft cheese.
VILLA PARINI - Pinot Grigio - Venato, Italy
- Hailing form the North East of Italy. Where hot summers combine with cool Winters, as a result of the Alps just to the North, to create the perfect blend of climate for one the greatest white wine producing regions in the world. This Grigio offers wild flowers, bananas & honey on the nose, while ripe pear coats the tongue with just a hint of dryness. Soft, fresh & very lively, this wine is a perfect match for any seafood dish or salad and mild cheeses.
EMPRESS: JOANNA VINEYARD - Pinot Gris - Limestone Coast, South Australia
- Sourced from a single vineyard within their property (called Joanna) the three generations of the Peace family have crafted an utterly brilliant Pinot Gris. Intense fruit aromas of guava, white nectarine, watermelon & grapefruit, and just a subtle floral hint of rosewater on the nose. The palate is clean, with refreshing acidity & citrus notes, and a hint of musk rounds of the smooth & lingering taste. Pairs beautifully with mushroom risotto, chicken & pate.
JEAN-MARC CUVEE PARTICULIERE - Pinot Gris - Alsace, France
- More than two hundred years, and nine generations in the making, Jean-Marc Bernhard knows a thing or two about great Alsace wine. Selectively hand picked during harvest & aged on the lees in oak for 8 months. A clear yellow colour, with a brilliant, expressive nose of apricot, peach & crystallised fruit. The mouth is rich, full & fresh. Pairs with white & cured meats, fish & salads. Will work very well across all courses of the meal.
Riesling & Other Whites
“Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know.” - John Keats
TREVELEN FARM ESTATE - Riesling - Cranbrook, Western Australia
- Scoring 96 points from James Halliday, this beautiful Riesling can certainly hold its own against all the European wine houses have to offer. With a potential cellaring beyond 2035, this vintage has the makings of a very, very good year. Big fruit aromas of of apple, pear & peach pounce from the glass, while sherbet & lemon meringue dance across the tongue. A soft, dry, multifaceted finish, rounds off this superb wine excellently.
JEAN-MARC VIELLES VIGNES - Riesling - Alsace, France
- Selling out almost as soon as the ninth generation winemakers release it, this is a stunning example of an Alsace Riesling. Sourced, and hand picked, from 50 year old vines on plots on the lower slopes of the hillside. Where a sandy, free draining soil aids in an early harvest. After a slow pressing & slower ferment, the grapes age on fine lees for 10 months in stainless steel vats. Very muted aromas of white fruit, rose & citrus on the nose, while the palate comes in with a shy freshness revealing a serious vein of grapefruit zestiness underneath leading to a dry, clean finish.
PFAFFL VOM HAUS - Gruener Veltiner - Weinviertal, Austria
- Voted ‘European Winery of the Year - 2016’ by Wine Enthusiast magazine and currently rated in the top 25 Gruener Veltiners in the world. And you can see why... Lovely yeast & pear notes grace the nose, whilst light, crisp, and tart mouthwatering notes of yellow apple & lemon peel dance over the tongue. The finish is long, decadent & supple, with white pepper & a flinty mineralness.
Pinot Noir & Cabernets
“Always carry a corkscrew and the wine shall provide itself.” - Basil Bunting
MR BOND - Pinot Noir - Boneo, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- Born & raised a five minute drive away in Boneo. Huge, ripe berries & currants attack you both on the nose & in
rillettes, think whatever you fancy...
the mouth. Smooth, with only the slightest hint of white pepper. The massive blackcurrant flavours are the driving
force behind the great length and spectacular finish.. Great from start to end. Think duck, think blue cheese, think
LABRUNE ET FILS - Pinot Noir - Loire Valley. France
- Grown at Chateau du Cleray, deep in the Loire Valley in Western regions of central France, this wine displays all the characteristics expected from a pinot, just presented a with a little more finesse. Cherry, cranberry & raspberry entice the palate, while vanilla, liquorice, tobacco & caramel play with the nose. The colour is light & translucent, yet still full. This is the wine to choose when everyone at your table orders something different for their mains...
TELERA SU MAR - Pinot Noir - Red Hill, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- Su Mar is the perfect expression of Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir. Everything about this vintage was
estate-grown handpicked grapes. It’s wild fermented in an open vat, pressed and aged for 12 months in selected French
favourable, flowering, fruit set, intermittent rain and steady ripening season produced simply stunning fruit from a
very happy & healthy Vinyard. Elegantly layered and aromatically complex, Su Mar is made from a clonal blend of
oak. Su Mar is an alluring wine of spice, berry and savoury intensity, with a balanced and silky finish that will tie in
perfectly with absolutely anything on the menu.
THE KITCHEN- Cabernet Merlot- Main Ridge, Mornington Peninsula, ,Vic, Australia -
-This is the red wine for those of you that think 'red wine is red wine' Hearty, gutsy & big. It may be a little rough
much goes with any red meat. A great wine to pick when you don't know what to pick, or when you don't know where
around the edges, but this wine is a great all-rounder. Pour a glass, give it a swirl, inhale deeply & give it a swish
around your mouth, and you'll be hit with the blacks... black cherry, blackcurrant, blackberry & black pepper. Pretty
TREVELEN FARM - Cabernet Sauvignon - Cranbrook, Western Australia
- A huge Cabernet, rated 94 points by James Halliday. Massive body of ripe berries, aniseed, liquorice & currants on the tongue. Meanwhile, heady, earthy spices invade your nose, with tobacco, vanilla, cinnamon & musk all making an appearance. A superb long, dry finish with fine tannins & a gentle slap in the face with French oak. Would work with any red meat, in particular spiced lamb or beef dishes
Shiraz, GSM & Other Reds
“With bread and wine you can walk your road.” - Spanish Proverb
A TOUCH OF BOND - Shiraz - Strathbogie, Vic
- Plum, Black Cherry & cracked pepper wash over the pallet while dark spices & vanilla burst into the nose. A great
shiraz, aged on old French oak to restrain the tannin level, whilst providing the warmth this big wine needs to carry it
along. A fantastic valued wine, best drunk with red meat, garlic & would even pair well with dark chocolate.
TELERA RAE - Shiraz - Merricks, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
- An alluring Shiraz, tiptoeing on an elegant, aromatic line of lilac, violet & blueberies, and laced with star anise &
its peak, wild fermented in open vats & aged on French oal for 12 months, this a truly fantastic wine for Shiraz lovers
cloves. Fine tannins, with a little acidity combine to release smoked meats, black olive & liquorice on the tongue.
Close your eyes, and you'd think this came straight from the Rhone & not from down the road. Picked and handled at
out there. Red meat, charred steak, spiced stews & North African dishes would be truly sad if they weren't paired with
a bottle of this
PIRRAMIMMA STOCK'S HILL - GSM - McLaren Vale, South Australia
- This 2014 Grenache Shiraz Mataro displays all the benefits a long, cool summer can do for the grapes on the vine. Extended ripening, higher fruit sugars & a lower yeild, results in a wine that exhibits scented aromas of blackberry, raspberry, plum & toffee apple, while pomegranate & white pepper bring up the rear. Spiced mulberry & ripe cherry dance on the tongue alongside Christmas pudding, dark chocolate, tart cranberry & star anise. A well rounded, beautifully balanced red, with plenty of dark fruit, subtle oak & tannins across the finish.
DOLMO VEDIMIA SELECCIONADA - Tempranillo - Ribera del Duero, Spain
- Grown in the heart of 2012 Wine Region of the Year, by Bodegas Vincente Gandia, who are consistently voted into the top ten wineries in Spain each year. Selected only from vines aged 25 years upward & fermented at a constant 22 degrees for 20 days, before subsequent ageing in new oak barrel for four months. A deep ruby red colour is evident, almost verging into purple. Red fruits all over the nose, revealing perfect ripening at harvest. Cherry, plum, dried fig & cedar all make an appearance, while vanilla & toast come from the new wood barrels, balancing the deep, heady, spiced fruit perfectly. Think bbq meats & smoked dishes, tomato based pasta dishes, polenta and Mexican & Spanish food
SERRISTORI CLASSICO RESERVE - Chianti - Tuscany, Italy
- Bright ruby red, with tints of garnet, this DOCG Sangiovese hits all the targets. A powerful nose of oriental spices, cloves & cinnamon hit you first, with dried flowers, iris & violets lingering in the background. The palate is dry & distinctive, with dark ripe plummy notes, marinated raspberries & just a hint of tar & tobacco coming through. The finish is long, with liquorice, toasted almonds & more aromatic, smoked spice staying around for quite a while after the wine has gone. One to have with gamey, fatty dishes & anything off the grill.
Beers & Ciders from Local Breweries
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" - Henry Lawson
$8 - 4.8% ABV
JETTY ROAD BREWERY - Pale Ale - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$9 - 5.8% ABV
JETTY ROAD BREWERY - IPA - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$10 - 5.2% ABV
JETTY ROAD BREWERY - XPA - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$12.5 (500ml) - 5% ABV
HIX BREWERY - Pilsner - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$12.5 (500ml) - 5% ABV
HIX BREWERY - Summer Ale - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$12.5 (500ml) - 5% ABV
HIX BREWERY - Brown Ale - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$14 (500ml) - 6.8% ABV
HIX BREWERY - Double Chocolate Porter - Dromana, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$9 - 6% ABV
DAINTON'S BREWERY - IPA - Carrum Downs, Vic
$8 - 5.2% ABV
DAINTON'S BREWERY - Pale Ale - Carrum Downs, Vic
$9 - 4.5% ABV
DAINTON'S BREWERY - Draught - Carrum Downs, Vic
$8 - 3.5% ABV
DAINTON'S BREWERY -XSA - Carrum Downs, Vic
$8 - 4.5% ABV
MAIN RIDGE CIDER- Apple - Main Ridge, Mornington Peninsula, Vic
$8 - 4.8% ABV
MAIN RIDGE CIDER- Pear - Main Ridge, Mornington Peninsula, Vic-
Beers from Further Afield
"Ah beer... the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems..." - Homer J Simpson
$8 - 4.8% ABV
HENNINGER - Original Lager - Frankfurt, Germany
$7 - 2.5% ABV
JAMES BOAG'S LIGHT - Pale Ale - Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
$8 - 4.9% ABV
CROWN LAGER - Pale Lager - Abbotsford, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
$8 - 5.4% ABV
BLUE MOON - Belgium Wheat - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
$8 - 4.8% ABV
SAM ADAMS - Boston Lager - Boston, Massachusetts, USA
$9 - 5% ABV
EFES PILSNER - Pilsner - Istanbul, Turkey
More often than not, we have seasonal and/or speciality beers that join us for a little while and have a holiday in our fridge. Ask us for more details.
COCKTAILS (AKA FANCY DRINKS)
"Sex and a cocktail: they both lasted about as long, had the same effect, and amounted to about the same thing.” - D. H. Lawrence, Lady Chatterley's Lover
THE KITCHEN MIMOSA
More fruity than Carmen Miranda's fruit bowl... Sparkling Wine, Triple Sec, Orange Juice
Almost rhymes with Katy Perry, which is ironic, because other people write hers... Prosecco, Mashed Berries, Dash of Bitters
Add 'just hand me the' at the start and you'll sound like my dad... Vodka, Blood Orange Juice, Orange Juice
MUDDLED MINT JULEP
White safari suit & panama hat not included... Bourbon, Fresh Mint, Sugar
It's like a White Russian, but at night, during a power cut... Vodka, Tia Maria, Coca Cola
Smoother than Michael Buble's freshly waxed legs... Vodka, Coffee Liqueur, Fresh Brewed Coffee, All Shook Up with Ice
JALISCO ESPRESSO MARTINI
You can't combine coffee & tequila! Yes you Mexi-can! Vodka, Tequila, Coffee Liqueur, Fresh Brewed Coffee. Shaken with Ice
Like liquid sunshine in a glass, just not as hot... Gin, Campari, Cinzano Rosso. One of our favourites...
A bit like drinking Frank Sinatra... Bourbon, Sugar & Aromatic Bitters, Gently tumbled with Ice
Like an Irish Coffee, but it includes a magical ice-cream genie with a speech impediment... Irish Whiskey, Coffee Liqueur, Fresh Coffee, Ice Cream & Milk